When talking about high definition, eye makeup application is not going to be much different that your standard method. The few things you need to be aware of though are 1) HD will pick out EVERY detail, so ensuring that your blending is flawless is imperative, and 2) Because every detail shows through, it is important to use very finely milled pigments and shadows. That being said, you should experiment with color, size, and highlight to see what works the best for your eye shape and color!
Follow these simple rules for flawless results:
1. PRIME. Using an eye shadow primer will keep your makeup firmly in place all day or all night. This is a MUST for any shadow application. Try URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin. It not only creates a great base, the subtle shimmer can work as a great highlight.
$18 - Sephora Stores www.sephora.com
2. BRUSHES. Having a good quality set of brushes is what will make the difference between good and great application. Inexpensive brushes may not pick up pigments as well and may leave hairs on the face. You can get decent quality brushes from the SEPHORA house brand Professional Platinum line. If you can't get a whole set, try three essentials: Crease, Contour Shadow, and Eyeliner.
$10-$36 - Sephora Stores www.sephora.com
3. COLOR. You have several options available to you: cream, pressed powder, and loose pigments. You will want to experiment with all of these in combination to see what works best for you, but I tend to gravitate towards the loose pigments for their high impact pigment concentration. My favorite brands for color are NARS, MAKE UP FOR EVER, and MAC.
4. LINER. Liner is another area with several options: pencil, liquid, cream, and cake. Again, you want to experiment with what texture and method of application works best for you, but as a rule, I recommend steering clear of liquid, and sticking with pencil if you have a shaky hand. My favorite tends to be cream for its ease of application with an eyeliner brush. Keep Q-Tips and makeup remover on hand in case you make an error. Try MAC Fluidline for the smoothest results.
$15 - MAC www.maccosmetics.com
5. LASHES. If you are feeling ambitious, try applying individual lashes, as strip lashes can show in HD if they are not perfectly adhered. Try MAKE UP FOR EVER Faux Cils Individual Lashes. Apply more and longer lashes towards the outer area of the eye, tapering to the smaller size on the inner area (use tweezers for precise application). Finish off the look with mascara.
$15 - Sephora Stores www.sephora.com